Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lord, I Give You This Day by Kay Arthur

Lord, I Give You This Day is a daily devotional by Kay Arthur.  She gives you 366 days of devotions,which is great for those leap years.  Thoughts, scriptures and prayer each day will bring you into the presence of God and help you focus on the Lord and not yourself.  If you only have a few minutes a day - this is the devotional for you.

Right off the bat, Kay Arthur pulls no punches.  She doesn't give you the cushy comfy gospel, but challenges you to look inside yourself and see where you might be skewed in your thinking. It is great!  Many times devotionals are just feel good, but this one challenges you to change, to become more like Jesus to be a person of integrity and grace and mercy.

My only complaint is that it doesn't go deep into scripture or studying scripture.  I would like more scripture to read and to investigate for myself.  I guess the way to remedy this, which I did, is to have this devotional accompany other devotionals or studies.  If you want a quick, challenging devotional this is the one for you.

Thank you Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing and bloggingforbooks for supplying me with this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment